I think it’s good to be open about blog content: This is a hobby / interest blog not a commercial site but that said:
- I get approached sometimes to review outdoors / hiking sites or kit/products. As part of that, I may accept and keep free products, services, travel and event tickets.
But not always, I’ve refused offers where I don’t think the product / service is relevant to this blog.
I’ll always mention in the post if I have received something for free and I write honestly about my experiences.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- I only ever write about products and services I believe in.
- I don’t feature guest blog posts (to date).
- I don’t accept paid-for 3rd party article insertions or adverts.
- I may at some stage post Amazon or other affiliate links. But only to products / books I like or I’m happy to recommend. That would mean I make a small amount of commission should you decide to buy something after clicking through from one of these links. Enough to buy a post-walk beer perhaps..
- The views and opinions expressed on this blog are all my own.
- I approve all comments before they get posted on this blog. I never approve comments which are obviously spam or which look like spam i.e. which don’t mention anything about the post on which they’re commenting.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact markkelly[DOT]net[AT]gmail[DOT]com.